|Galactic Civil War|
Moddell sector, later known as the Moddell subsector, was in the Inner Zuma Region of the Zuma sector, in the Outer Rim Territories. It was divided into the Inner Moddell systems and the Outer Moddell systems. The sector included particularly the worlds Annaj, the sector capital, and Endor, the site of the famous Battle of Endor. Notable sentient species included the Ayrou, the Ewoks and the Yuzzums.
The Moddell sector included nearly two hundred uninhabited systems, from anonymous red dwarfs to the young blue giants at the heart of the Monsua Nebula. In addition, the sector theoretically extended for nearly a hundred parsecs into Wild Space toward Firrerre and Bakura, territory that included thousands upon thousands of systems.
Hyperspace travel in the little-trafficked Zuma regions was painfully slow and sometimes unsaved but matters were worse in the Moddell: the sector was prattled by hyperspace eddies and sinkholes, and spacers grouse that graveling there is like tiptoeing across an unmapped minefield. Most of the sector's traffic was found on the Houche Run between Annaj (the sector capital) and Vasha; those worlds, along with Vex, Qina, and Kuna's Tooth, made up the Inner Moddell systems. Traffic droped off considerably in the Outer Moddell beyond those systems.
The Moddell sector and the Zuma Region were considered part of the Unknown Regions until the Old Republic's final centuries, and admitted as a freestanding subsector around 50 BBY. The Empire eventually made the Zuma a regional sector and the Moddell sector one of its subsectors.
After the Battle of Endor, the Alliance of Free Planets briefly made its headquarters on the Forest Moon, only to be driven off by the Nagai. The sector has been represented by the region's dominant species, the Ayrou, in the New Republic and the Galactic Alliance Senate.
A few entrepreneurs tried to attract tourists to the Moddell sector, but little came of their efforts; the only industry to gain a foothold in the Moddell since then has been illicit trade in the narcotic Rokna blue.
Behind the scenesEdit
The PC game Star Wars: Rebellion incorrectly places Agrilat, Adega, Vjun, Khuiumin, Basilisk, Pzob, and Hozrel XI in the Moddell Sector. Agrilat is a swampy region of Corellia, not a separate planet; Adega is not a planet in the Star Wars universe. It is likely the game intended to reference the planet Ilum; The Adega system, however, including the planets Vjun and Khuiumin, are all in the Auril sector; Basilisk is in the Galactic Core; Pzob is in the The Slice near Gamorr; and Hozrel XI is in the Centrality.
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 49 —
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- Vector Prime (Mentioned only)
- "Star Wars Kids Feature Planet: Endor"—Star Wars Kids 6
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- Race for the Tessent"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 111