|Model E baby-sitting droid|
| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
Model E baby-sitting droids were designed by AccuTronics as a play-mate and a baby-sitter to young children.
Design and functionEdit
Primarily, Model Es were stationed in schools and childcare centers, however some Model Es were placed in pediatric wards as psych-counselors.
A Model E had two large photoreceptors that were connected to a over-sized head that held the primary personality matrix. Model Es could administer medicine, play games and feed their charges. They spoke in simply-worded sentences, to make it easy for their young charges to follow and encourage conversation. Generally they came in primary colors (red, blue, yellow).
A year before the Invasion of Naboo the Republic Academy on Corulag had several Model Es stationed in the Science Service tower in order to baby-sit the children of Science Service scholars and employees. The droids helped the Jedi Mace Windu, Adi Gallia, Qui-Gon Jinn, Vel Ardox, Noro Zak, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the pilots Bama Vook and Leeper to evacuate the children from the tower during the Bartokks' attempt to destroy the Academy.
The line was discontinued long before the rise of the Galactic Empire.
- Episode I Adventures 4: Jedi Emergency
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures 5 (First appearance)
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth"—Star Wars Insider 25 (Picture only)
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 26 (HOU1-2, Household Service Droids)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 47 (MAN5, Droid Manufacturers)