Moden Canady was a human male who served as a naval officer in both the Galactic Empire and the First Order. During the reign of the Empire, Canady commanded the Star Destroyer Solicitude of the Imperial Starfleet. He later joined the First Order, becoming captain of the Siege Dreadnought Fulminatrix, a capacity in which he served during the evacuation of D'Qar. To his irritation, however, he had to put up with the crew of the Fulminatrix, who he felt were young, inexperienced, and arrogant. Canady, along with his crew, were killed in a Resistance bombing run led by Poe Dameron in the space battle above D'Qar.
Moden Canady served as the commander of the Star Destroyer Solicitude of the Imperial Starfleet during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Following the Empire's fall, Canady became an officer of the First Order. He eventually became the Captain of the Fulminatrix.
During the evacuation of D'Qar, General Armitage Hux ordered Canady to command the Fulminatrix against the Rebels. Though Canady was able to get rid of some Rebels, Wing Commander Poe Dameron managed to destroy the cannons of the Fulminatrix, leaving Canady without his weapons. Canady was able to use his ship to destroy the empty Resistance base, but the gunner Paige Tico managed to launch her ship's payload of bombs against the Fulminatrix, causing systematic destruction. Accepting he had been bested, Canady stood firm as his ship blew up, killing him and his crew.
Personality and traitsEdit
A veteran officer of the Galactic Empire, Moden Canady was proud to serve the First Order just like when he served the Empire at the beginning of his career. However, he didn't like being surrounded by arrogant and inexperienced young First Order officers. Canady also detested serving under the command of General Armitage Hux, a First Order officer younger than him. However, unlike many officers of the First Order, Canady was honorable and he demostrated that trait until the very end. When he became aware that the Fulminatrix had been defeated and there was no escape, he preferred to accept his fate and his defeat at the hands of his enemies and remained on his Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought rather than try to flee.
Behind the scenesEdit
Canady was portrayed by Mark Lewis Jones in the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. Jones also provided the voice for Darth Decimus in 2011 video game Star Wars: The Old Republic which belongs to the Legends continuity. Canady's surname is a reference to May Dove Canady, the titular main character of the 2002 film May, in which The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson previously worked on as editor.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Moden)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ screenshot)—Rian Johnson confirms that Moden Canady's name is a reference to "May" . "I can neither confirm nor deny an- YES" (