Designed as a more militarized successor to the famous CR90 corvette, the Assassin-class shared the familiar "hammerhead" styling, but it was more streamlined for greater hull strength.
In addition to a stronger hull, the Assassin had more resilient shields and heavier firepower.
Though it shared a similar 4-3-4 engine layout, it had eight large outer engines and three small inner engines as opposed to the CR90's eleven nearly identical engines.
The Assassin-class was used alongside the CR90 in system patrol squadrons to repel pirates and Rebel attacks on convoys and space stations. It was also used by the Rebels in hit-and-fade operations and by several groups as a transport for high-priority cargo and personnel.
The traitorous Imperial Grand Admiral Demetrius Zaarin used Assassin-class corvettes in many of his attacks on loyal Imperial forces. He had at least twenty-five of these corvettes under his command during his treachery.
Behind the scenesEdit
Assassin-class corvettes first appeared in the game Star Wars: X-Wing, though the ship was identified in tactical displays and in the ship database as simply "Modified Corvette". Although named and mentioned as such, the actual polygon model used for the mission was of a regular CR90 corvette. The sequels, however, feature a properly original exclusive design. Fandom often refers to the Assassin-class corvette as the CR90a, but Suns of Fortune later identified it as the CR92a.
- Star Wars 13: Five Days of Sith, Part One
- Star Wars 14: Five Days of Sith, Part Two
- Star Wars: X-Wing (First appearance)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Suns of Fortune (First identified as CR92a Assassin-class corvette)