- "Moisture farms are hot and lonely. And besides, they’re all on miserable desert worlds, like Tatooine. End of discussion. Period."
- ―Luke Skywalker
Moisture farms were often found on dry planets such as Tatooine or Ord Mantell, where the arid climate made water a scarce commodity. Moisture farmers maintained moisture vaporators to gather water for themselves as well as to sell to others. They also used the gathered moisture to irrigate crops, which were grown underground, sheltered from the hot sun (or suns, as is the case in the binary star system of Tatoo).
Cliegg Lars maintained a moisture farm on Tatooine, where he lived with his son Owen and his second wife Shmi. Owen and his wife Beru later inherited the farm, and raised Luke Skywalker there. Another moisture farmer was Orin Bold.
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 3 (TAT2, Tatooine)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 8 (MOI1–2, Moisture Farming)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Moisture Farmer)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Dark Memories) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Cliegg Lars) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: URoRRuR'R'R (★★★))