Moisture farmers were harvesters of water on very arid planets such as Tatooine, Ord Mantell and Molavar. The harvested water could be sold at a market or used by the farmers themselves in hydroponic gardens. The water was harvested using moisture vaporators, which were able to yield up to two liters of condensed water a day. However, this figure could vary dramatically depending on location. Areas of the Dune Sea, particularly near the Jundland Wastes, were known to be particularly dry. On Tatooine, moisture farmers were often vulnerable to thieves and bandits who would steal their profits.
The Tatooine Moisture Farm Collective often employed hunters to kill wild creatures that were known to attack moisture farmers.
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Star Wars Galaxy 1
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Heroes & Rogues
- Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Unknown Regions