- "What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
"Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary loadlifters—very similar to your vaporators in most respects."
- ―Owen Lars and C-3PO
A moisture vaporator was a device used to capture water from the air used on moisture farms. These were typically found on desert planets such as Tatooine. Moisture farmers collected water using moisture vaporators and sold it for a living. Owen Lars, for example, was a moisture farmer. Although they did not have the artificial intelligence of droids, they used binary as a programming language. A single unit could cost up to 500 credits.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Kanan 4: The Last Padawan, Part IV: Catch
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed"
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fighter Flight"
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Rogue One
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 3: Skywalker Strikes, Part III
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I