Momongs, also known as Trandoshan monkeys, were a species of primates that lived in the trees of Wasskah, the moon of the planet Trandosha. They had six limbs, a long tail, big ears and green eyes. Their fur was mostly orange, with occasional black and white patches. The momongs were carnivores, preying on the yellow birds known as the convorees. They were at least semi-sentient, as proven by their ability to use simple tools or weapons. During the Clone Wars, at least one momong had found its way offworld. That creature was seen in a slave market of Zygerria, where it dueled with a Kowakian monkey-lizard with miniature swords.
Behind the scenesEdit
The momongs first appeared in "Wookiee Hunt," the twenty-second episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' third season. However, they were only identified as such in the online guide for the episode. At some point, the momongs were to be mentioned in Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion. However, the script was altered, and "momong" evolved into "monong," a new creature.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- (First identified as momong)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded