- "It was devastating enough to be dumped from their homeworlds like out-of-season sandals, but to end up on such dismally dull worlds as Naboo and Monastery?"
- ―Dyslogia Twang
In 22 BBY, shortly before the Clone Wars, Monastery opened itself to refugees of the Separatist crisis provided they agreed to convert to the Order. The Order accepted beings of any gender or species. During the Clone Wars the planet was located within Separatist space.
The House of Tagge sent Domina Tagge to the planet to join the Order. Domina's brothers thought doing so would preserve her innocence and keep her from becoming a pawn in Imperial and corporate political struggles.
Domina Tagge pitted Luke Skywalker against Darth Vader in a battle in the Crystal Valley, promising Monastery's allegiance to either the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire according to who won the battle. Luke apparently killed Vader, but the man he killed was actually Orman Tagge, disguised as Vader.
Flora and faunaEdit
Monastery was home to a number of dangerous creatures, such as the Nightshrike, and the Saber cat. Saber cats were able to be tamed, and the Order of the Sacred Circle kept several as pets. While on Monastery, Luke Skywalker was attacked by both a Nightshrike and a Saber cat, revealed to have been manipulated by Domina Tagge.
Behind the scenesEdit
Monastery has occasionally been misspelled Monastary in official sources, such as the Refugee article below, but this still refers to the same world.
- The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 4 (Mentioned only)
- (As both "Monastery" and "Monastary")
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 35: Dark Lord's Gambit (First appearance)
- Star Wars 36: Red Queen Rising
- Star Wars 37: In Mortal Combat
- "Vader Adrift"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2012 (Mentioned only)
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker (Mentioned only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 19 (VAD8, Darth Vader)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Unknown Regions
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook