Montross was a planet in the galaxy in a binary star system. By the second year before the Battle of Yavin, the planet had fallen under the control of the Galactic Empire, which established the Skystrike Academy, an elite flight academy for future TIE fighter pilots, in its atmosphere.
Behind the scenesEdit
This planet Montross first appeared unnamed in "The Antilles Extraction," the third episode of the canon animated series Star Wars Rebels' third season, which first aired on October 8, 2016. Montross was identified in the Databank entry for Skystrike Academy, released on October 10.
The name itself has existed since the earliest drafts of what would become Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope: in the first rough draft of May 1974, Montross was an aide to General Skywalker on Aquilae; in the second draft, Montross Holdaack was the friendly science officer on Han Solo's ship who helps Solo and Chewbacca fake a reactor overload to commandeer the ship; in the third and fourth drafts he is relegated to an adversarial role, becoming akin to Greedo in the former and an Imperial bureaucrat in charge of Mos Eisley spaceport in the latter.  Actor Richard LeParmentier was originally considered for that part, but the role of Montross was ultimately cut from the script, and LeParmentier received the role of Admiral Motti instead.
In Legends, the name was used in Jango Fett: Open Seasons and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, written by Haden Blackman, tie-ins to Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, as the Mandalorian Montross, voiced by Clancy Brown.
- (First identified as Montross)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ The events of this article take place in or after Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow, which is the first known episode to take place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the second year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see 's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film
- ↑ "The Death Star Coup"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2014