A moon was a celestial body that circled around a planet. A planet could have several moons orbiting around it, as exemplified by Hoth or Iego—which was nicknamed the "Planet of a Thousand Moons." Just like planets, moons came in a variety of terrains, from barren rock to lush forests.
Some moons were habitable, such as the moons of Naboo, which at one point hosted spice mines. The Rebel Alliance maintained a base on the fourth moon of the gas giant Yavin. The forest moon of Endor and the space around it were the site of a decisive conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance.
- ; image #1
- ; image #5
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary