The Mordageen were a sentient species from the planet Mordagon. The species was bipedal in form with pink skin and pointed ears. One notorious Mordageen was the smuggler Bendix Fust, who worked for the Dug crime lord Sebolto. Captured by Republic Security Forces, Fust revealed all he knew of his employer's organization, and was placed in Desolation Alley, a prison on Oovo IV. There, he was broken out by two bounty hunters so that Sebolto could get his revenge.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Mordageen were a bipedal sentient species native to the planet Mordagon, located in the Expansion Region. They had wrinkled reddish orange or pink skin and hands with three fingers and an opposable thumb. Mordageen had a reasonably flat face with a stubby nose, and pointy ears. A shock of hair grew from their scalp, blond in coloration, with stubble around their chin and mouth. Mordageen stood 1.75 meters tall on average.
Individual Mordageen had contact with the wider galaxy by the time of the Battle of Naboo in 32 BBY. One such Mordageen was Bendix Fust, a smuggler working for the Dug crime lord Sebolto in his death stick operation. However, the Mordageen was captured by the Republic Security Force in a sting operation on a transfer station in the Gazzari system. In exchange for a reduced prison sentence, the Mordageen told the Security Forces all he knew of the Sebolto's drug cartel. He was then placed in a maximum security prison on the asteroid Oovo IV, a complex known as Desolation Alley. Wanting revenge, Sebolto placed a bounty on his former employee's head. Independently of each other, two bounty hunters, the Clawdite Zam Wesell and the Mandalorian Jango Fett, broke into the prison to retrieve Fust. They eventually worked together to break him out, and handed him over to Sebolto on Malastare.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mordageen first appeared in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, a video game produced by LucasArts in 2002 and released for the PlayStation 2 and the GameCube platforms. In the game, the species was not named, but was represented by Bendix Fust. He was later identified as a Mordageen in the Bounty Hunter: Prima's Official Strategy Guide, published by Prima Games in November 2002.
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter"—Star Wars Gamer 10 (Picture only) "
- Bounty Hunter: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First identified as Mordageen)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Bounty Hunter: Prima's Official Strategy Guide, p. 103
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 330, says that Mordageen have the same average stature as a Human. According to The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, p. 81, Humans are 1.75 meters tall on average.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 330
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: Bounty Hunter"—Star Wars Gamer 10, p. 114 "
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I Racer