In 0 BBY, Moroff was a mercenary hired by the Partisans, an extremist rebel cell led by Saw Gerrera. He participated in the Jedha insurgency and was part of the patrol that brought Bodhi Rook to Gerrera for questioning.
Personality and traitsEdit
He was usually grumpy, and whenever he was asked to do something, he did it begrudgingly. However, his rude replies in his native language were always translated by his vocoder to be pleasant and cheerful in Galactic Basic.
Behind the scenesEdit
The character that became Moroff was originally named Senna. Senna was one of several characters conceived to be a part of the Rogue One team seen in the film, alongside Lunak, Dray Nevis, Ria Talla and Jerris Kestal. He was intended to be a duo with the character of Lunak and these two characters ultimately influenced the duo of Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe. Senna's character underwent several designs, including a large somewhat-reptilian appearing character, an elf-like character with a blaster rifle and a character with a somewhat wolfish appearance, and finally the Gigoran that was ultimately renamed Moroff and given a much smaller role in the movie. The character, however, was consistently drawn as an alien male. Art for Senna/Moroff was created by Christian Alzmann and Karl Lindberg, concept artists on Rogue One.
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75172 Y-Wing Starfighter)
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 'Star Wars': Meet the Creatures and Droids in 'Rogue One'. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on December 17, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 10 Incredible Behind the Scenes Photos from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story™ at DK.com
- ↑ The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story "Creature Featurette"