| Usage and history
A mortar, also known as a mortar launcher, was an indirect fire weapon that fired explosive projectiles known as mortar bombs at low velocities and short range. During the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion used these during a battle on Umbara to attack what they believed to be Umbarans that were dressed up as clone troopers, when in actuality, they were other clones from the 212th Attack Battalion sent by General Pong Krell. Some mortars were powerful enough to destroy vehicles.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the real world, a mortar is a short range artillery piece that fires shells at a high angle.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (video game)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Jedi Trial
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
Notes and referencesEdit
- Mortar (weapon) on Wikipedia