- "I don't understand. What is this place?"
"Unlike any other. A conduit through which the entire Force of the universe flows."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and the spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn
Mortis was an ethereal realm in Wild Space. From the outside, Mortis appeared as a giant, metal rhombohedron; however, once entered, the realm appeared to be a land covered with lush forests, molten caverns, and floating mountains above the surface. The only known beings who inhabited the realm were three Force wielders locked in an eternal struggle for dominance over one another: the Son, who represented the destructive and deadly aspects of the realm; the Daughter, who represented peace and creation on Mortis; and the Father, who maintained the balance of the Force between them. Mortis was therefore a fulcrum for the galaxy and a conduit through which the Force flowed.
During the Clone Wars, the Father drew Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano into the realm. The Father realized that Skywalker was the Chosen One, and that he could maintain the balance of the Force between the two children once the Father died. This led to a struggle between the Force wielders and the three Jedi, culminating in the deaths of all three wielders and the restoration of balance on Mortis.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Mentioned only)