|Chronological and political information|
Morts Werl was a Human male who lived during the Galactic Civil War, a conflict between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire. A fair-skinned Human with gray hair and a mustache, Werl attained the rank of captain in the Alliance by the year 0 BBY. In that same year, the Alliance destroyed the Empire's Death Star battlestation over the moon of Yavin 4. After the battle, a ceremony was held in the Grand Audience Chamber of the Great Temple, the Alliance's headquarters on Yavin 4. Werl was present at the ceremony, during which the Medal of Bravery was awarded to two of the victorious Rebel fighters: Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.
Behind the scenesEdit
Morts Werl first appeared in 1977's Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope as an uncredited extra in the ending ceremony honoring the Heroes of Yavin. The character went unnamed until 2012, when he appeared as part of the "Rogues Gallery" feature of Star Wars Insider 133.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- The Star Wars Storybook
- Star Wars Manga: A New Hope 4
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope PhotoComic
- Star Wars: Empire 15: Darklighter, Part 4
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- "Rogues Gallery: Celebrating a Rebel Victory!"—Star Wars Insider 133 (First identified as Morts Werl)
- (Picture only)