- "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker
Mos Eisley (pronounced /mɑs aɪzliː/, moss izelee, ( )) was a large spaceport town on the planet Tatooine. It was located on the Great Mesra Plateau, north of Anchorhead and southeast of the Jundland Wastes. The spaceport, while lacking a primary landing facility, contained 362 hangars in which arrivals had to berth.
Chalmun's Cantina was where Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi met Han Solo and Chewbacca, during their quest to get to Alderaan and deliver the Death Star plans to the Rebel Alliance. Imperial stormtroopers also searched Mos Eisley for R2-D2 and C-3PO, the holders of the missing Death Star plans. The Cantina was also home to the infamous confrontation between Han Solo and Greedo, which lead to Greedo's untimely death. Ponda Boba and Dr. Cornelius Evazan were present at Mos Eisley and Ponda Boba's right arm was cutoff by Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber.
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ; image #1 (of 17)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters