- "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker
Mos Eisley (pronounced /mɑs aɪzliː/, moss izelee, ( )) was a large spaceport on the planet Tatooine. It was located on the Great Mesra Plateau, north of Anchorhead and southeast of the Jundland Wastes. The spaceport, while lacking a primary landing facility, contained 362 hangars in which arrivals could berth.
Chalmun's Cantina was where Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi met Han Solo and Chewbacca, during their quest to get to Alderaan and deliver the Death Star plans to the Rebel Alliance. Imperial stormtroopers also searched Mos Eisley for R2-D2 and C-3PO, the holders of the missing Death Star plans. The cantina was also home to the infamous confrontation between Han Solo and Greedo, which led to Greedo's untimely death. Ponda Baba and Dr. Cornelius Evazan were present at Mos Eisley, and Obi-Wan Kenobi cut off Ponda Baba's right arm with his lightsaber.
When Boba Fett was hired by Darth Vader to find information on the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, Fett went to the Cantina in search of information, knowing that Han Solo had frequented it. He learned the pilot's name, from a young moisture farmer, was Luke Skywalker, and went in search of him, encountering him in the home of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Alien Archive - Species Guide
- ; image #1 (of 17)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters