- "Most of the best freighter pilots can be found here. Only watch your step. This place can be a little rough."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker
The Mos Eisley cantina was a drinking and dining establishment located in the city of Mos Eisley on the desert world of Tatooine. Although a dimly-lit tavern known for frequent outbreaks of violence, it was a popular stopping point for pilots, making it an ideal place to hire crew for a starship.
Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker came to the cantina shortly before the destruction of Alderaan to charter a course to that planet. They hired Han Solo and Chewbacca, who needed a way to pay off their debt to Jabba the Hutt. Their visit was not uneventful: the Jedi Master and his apprentice were confronted by two drunk thugs, while Solo had an altercation with the bounty hunter Greedo, whom he shot dead.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight