- "Most of the best freighter pilots can be found here. Only watch your step. This place can be a little rough."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Luke Skywalker
The Mos Eisley Cantina was a drinking and dining establishment located in the city of Mos Eisley on the desert world of Tatooine. Although a dimly-lit tavern known for frequent outbreaks of violence, it was a popular stopping point for pilots, making it an ideal place to hire crew for a starship.
Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker came to the cantina shortly before the destruction of Alderaan to charter a course to that planet. They hired Han Solo and Chewbacca, who needed a way to pay off their debt to Jabba the Hutt. Their visit was not uneventful: the Jedi Master and his apprentice were harassed and confronted by Ponda Baba and Doctor Cornelius Evazan, while Solo had an altercation with the bounty hunter Greedo, whom he shot dead.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- Star Wars: Story Before The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD (First identified as Mos Eisley Cantina)
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- LEGO Star Wars Rebels Movie Short (Non-canonical appearance)
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope (Non-canonical appearance)