|Chronological and political information|
- "You can't negotiate with those animals. Keep the war going! Vote now!"
- ―Mot-Not Rab, decrying the Confederacy during a Senate session
In 32 BBY, Mot-Not Rab, along with Senators Tikkes of Dac and Onaconda Farr of Rodia, attended an unofficial audience organized by Senator Orn Free Taa of Ryloth. At that point, Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum had just finished a crisis and was suddenly accused of corruption. Taa admitted to have delayed the accusation because the situation at that point would allow the Senate to oust and replace Valorum, which was Taa's goal.
He continued to serve as Senator into the galaxy-wide Clone Wars, which spread corruption and a political war in the Senate itself. During the conflict, the Senate called an emergency session to debate the cost of the war. When fellow Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo suggested that the Republic negotiate with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Rab spoke that they could not negotiate with such "animals," declaring to keep the war going and demanded to vote then and there. This caused many Senators to start chanting for the vote. However, Speaker of the Senate Mas Amedda ended the session. Mot-Not Rab was later present during the vote to negotiate with the Separatists, but the vote was stopped due to power failure from a bombing of the Coruscant power generator. Because of this attack, the Senate passed the bill to deregulate the banks so the Republic could increase clone production and rejected the Separatist peace initiative.
Later Rab continued to serve when a new bill was proposed by Senator Halle Burtoni for an additional five million clone troopers (funded by the Banking Clan of course). Rab was attacked by two bounty hunters hired by Count Dooku to scare the Senators out of voting against the bill. In the end Senator Padme Amidala's speech swayed the votes and the bill was turned down.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mot was one of many characters ultimately cut from The Phantom Menace.
In Cloak of Deception, the character's name is written Mot Not Rab without a hyphen; this is also how the character is credited in his appearance in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series, in which he was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- Cloak of Deception (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 104 (SEN4, Galactic Senate of the Old Republic) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels