|Chronological and political information|
Moteé was a Human female handmaiden who served Senator Padmé Amidala during the Clone Wars. She worked alongside her fellow handmaiden, Ellé, during the last years of the Galactic Republic while their mistress served in the Galactic Senate.
Moteé was one of the few who were aware of Padmé's pregnancy and her secret marriage to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, both secrets that she would never let loose. Moteé would tend to Padmé in whatever ways possible and stand in for her whenever the Senator wished to meet up with her husband.
After the Battle of Rendili, Skywalker went to the Senate Building to meet with Padmé. He was instead greeted by Moteé who told him that Senator Amidala "was called away on urgent Senate business". She then gave the Jedi a holodisc that his wife had left for him.
Moteé was present in the Senate rotunda the day that Supreme Chancellor Palpatine declared the formation of a Galactic Empire. Like Amidala herself, Moteé was dismayed at the "thunderous applause" the new Emperor received.
Behind the scenesEdit
Moteé's name appears on StarWars.com twice with alternate spellings; namely, Moteé and Motée.
- Star Wars: Republic 71: The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, Part 3
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 4 comic
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (Indirect mention only)
- "Prequel Update"—Star Wars Insider 71 (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 28