The Mother Jungle was the worldspanning jungle which covered the Ithorian homeworld of Ithor. It was a goddess in the Ithorian religion. Entry upon the surface was forbidden, unless one stayed there permanently. Some Ithorians such as the Oracle were compelled to go down to the planet surface however, as they "heard the call" of Mother Jungle. The surface of the planet of Ithor played host to numerous plants, including the bafforr tree, which possessed telepathic capabilities.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War in 25 ABY, Jedi Knight Corran Horn dueled Shedao Shai, the Yuuzhan Vong Commander, with the planet Ithor at stake. Corran won and killed the commander, but the second-in-command, Deign Lian, was ordered by a higher authority to unleash a deadly Vong toxin upon the planet. This reduced the worldspanning jungle into oozing swamps of black ash.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter (Mentioned only)
- Graveyard of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Missions 7: Ithorian Invasion
- Dark Apprentice (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor (Mentioned only)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment
- Starfaring Jungles"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- "Who Is That Alien? Ithorians & Gamorreans"—Star Wars Kids 8
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook