The Mother Jungle was the worldspanning jungle which covered the Ithorian homeworld of Ithor. It was a goddess in the Ithorian religion. Entry upon the surface was forbidden, unless one stayed there permanently. Some Ithorians such as the Oracle were compelled to go down to the planet surface however, as they "heard the call" of Mother Jungle. The surface of the planet of Ithor played host to numerous plants, including the bafforr tree, which possessed telepathic capabilities.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War in 25 ABY, Jedi Knight Corran Horn dueled Shedao Shai, the Yuuzhan Vong Commander, with the planet Ithor at stake. Corran won and killed the commander, but the second-in-command, Deign Lian, was ordered by a higher authority to unleash a deadly Vong toxin upon the planet. This reduced the worldspanning jungle into oozing swamps of black ash.
- Graveyard of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Missions 7: Ithorian Invasion
- Dark Apprentice (First appearance)
- Dark Tide II: Ruin
- Traitor (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Starfaring Jungles"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- "Who Is That Alien? Ithorians & Gamorreans"—Star Wars Kids 8
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia