A motion sensor, or motion detector, was a type of sensor that could detect movement.
During the Battle of Christophsis, pressure-sensitive motions sensors were used to guard the shield generator protecting General Whorm Loathsom's advancing droid forces. When triggered by Anakin Skywalker's new Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, the sensors activated concealed LR-57 combat droids which broke through the ground and attacked the two Jedi.
The bounty hunter Robonino used motion sensors under the Rodia swamp to protect an abandoned Rodian station he was using as a hideout. When Jedi Master Kit Fisto and his clone SCUBA troopers approached the station under the surface of the water, the ripples caused by their swimming movements tripped the sensors which activated B1 battle droids that Robonino had reprogrammed and triggered powerful blaster cannons located on each side of the sensor.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters (Part 2)
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First mentioned)
- The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett
- Junior Jedi Knights: Vader's Fortress (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight
- Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Droid Sensorscope)