| General information
|Points of interest||
Palpatine's secret storehouses
|Chronological and political information|
- "The Emperor had a private storehouse. It was where he kept all of his private mementos and souvenirs and odd bits of technology he thought might be useful someday. One of the artificial caverns held a complete cloning facility."
- ―Mara Jade
Imperial secret storehouseEdit
- "A private rat's nest. Sounds like him."
- ―Han Solo
Mount Tantiss was originally the site of an Old Republic fort that was reactivated by Palpatine during the Clone Wars. The storehouse contained both objects and trinkets of unspeakable evil, as well as mementos from the conquests of the Empire. His most private treasures were hidden in a massive labyrinth designed by Garrbo V'Droz in the mountain's bottom chamber.
The mountain also held the twenty-thousand Spaarti cloning cylinders which were used by Grand Admiral Thrawn to create a crew of clones for his new fleet of Dreadnaughts, and the schematics for the cloaking devices that he would install on those very same ships and would make their way into much of the Imperial Fleet as time went by.
Destruction of the storehousesEdit
The storehouse was destroyed at the end of Thrawn campaign by Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa Solo, Lando Calrissian, Talon Karrde, Chewbacca, and Han Solo after Luke and Mara Jade killed the clones Luuke Skywalker and Joruus C'baoth.
Ten years later, an edited version of the Caamas Document was found there by information broker Lak Jit. Leia Organa Solo managed to catch him with the assistance of Talon Karrde. She recovered the document but this didn't prevent the Caamas Document Crisis.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mount Tantiss was created by the author Timothy Zahn and first appeared in the 1991 novel Heir to the Empire. The name "Tantiss" was intended by Zahn as a reference to Tantalus, a figure from Greek mythology who abused the privileges of the gods.
- Hero of Cartao (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- "The Emperor's Trophy"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 11
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command
- (Mentioned only)
- Children of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past
- Vision of the Future (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- Emissary of the Void
- "An Apology" (Non-canonical mention)
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- "ComicScan: Taken by Force"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 8
- "ISB Intercepts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Anakin Skywalker: The Story of Darth Vader
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- "Star Wars Q&A"—Star Wars Insider 67
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "From Page to Screen and Back Again..."—Star Wars Insider 145