Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Mountain Terrain Armored Transport (MT-AT) was an arachnid-like eight-legged walker, apparently designed on the Imperial fortress world of Carida. This design earned it the nickname "Spider Walker".
Each walker-unit was deployed on-planet by a cocoon pod, similar to the deployment of Arakyd Viper probe droids, and emerged from the impact crater fully operational. These cocoon pods encased the walker in a fluid gel that protected its descent to a planet's surface.
A droid brain in the pod controlled the speed and direction and activated decelerating thrusters shortly before impact. When the pod impacted on the surface, the bistate gel hardened, absorbing the kinetic energy and protecting the walker from damage.
MT-ATs saw action during the attempted kidnapping of Anakin Solo while he was still a baby, even though half of the force was destroyed by Admiral Gial Ackbar's FIDO unit. All but one of the vehicles were destroyed during the kidnapping attempt, thanks to sturdy Alliance defenses.
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- "Operator's Manual"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 6
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 74 (MTA1-2, Mountain Terrain Armored Transport (MT-AT))
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia