|Chronological and political information|
- "Wermis, I haven't been a boy for some years, and no one has ever rated me as dear--If there is another mind in this galaxy still capable of evoking the Force--not matter how weakly--it poses nearly as great a threat to the Empire--as wimpish incompetents like you!"
- ―Darth Vader
Mulchive Wermis was a Human male captain of the Star Destroyer Devastator while that vessel was the flagship of Darth Vader, and at times felt the grip of Vader's Force choke. Wermis was a coward, and Vader enjoyed tormenting him psychologically.
Wermis was captain of the Devastator when that vessel captured the Tantive IV over Tatooine. Some months after the Battle of Yavin, Wermis was still serving as Vader's captain during the skirmish on Ultaar and the mission to the Wheel. Wermis was unable to stomach the torture by Vader of the Rebel who led him to Tyler Lucian, much to the amusement of Vader.
Wermis then took Vader to Centares and continued to serve alongside the Dark Lord as the latter searched for the name of the pilot who destroyed the first Death Star. During Vader's intrigues involving the Yavin Rebels and Baron Tagge, Wermis captured the Millennium Falcon, but Rebel sabotage throughout the Devastator caused enough chaos for the freighter to escape.
Behind the scenesEdit
Captain Wermis and Captain Bolvan served at the same time aboard the Devastator. Wermis has been specified as the vessel's commanding officer; Bolvan apparently served in an inferior capacity (as first officer?), overseeing turbolaser operations and ground assaults. Their exact professional relationship in the command hierarchy is uncertain, but they may have belonged to different branches of the Navy, as Bolvan was a black-uniform officer, whereas Wermis wore a standard naval officer's uniform.
Captain Mulchive Wermis is possibly from Anaxes. Coruscant and the Core Worlds indicate the Wermis family had homes on Anaxes, including local Commandant Osted Wermis, presumably a relative of Mulchive.
- Death Star (Possible appearance)
- Star Wars 21: Shadow of a Dark Lord (First appearance)
- Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator
- Star Wars 23: Flight Into Fury
- Star Wars 29: Dark Encounter
- Star Wars 35: Dark Lord's Gambit
- Star Wars 36: Red Queen Rising
- Star Wars 37: In Mortal Combat (Mentioned only)