The Multi-Troop Transport (MTT) was a heavily armored repulsorlift transport vehicle used by both the Trade Federation and the Confederacy of Independent Systems to transport B1 battle droids before and during the Clone Wars. During the Clone Wars, it was also used to transport B2 super battle droids.
A giant, armored repulsorlift vehicle manufactured by Baktoid Armor Workshop, the Multi-Troop Transport had the capacity to deliver B1 battle droids and B2 super battle droids into combat. The vehicle featured a bulbous front end that opened to allow an articulated deployment rack to extend out of the interior. Hydraulically-powered, the rack could carry one hundred and twelve B1 battle droids in their stowed configuration, or twelve B2 super battle droids. The MTT was armed with two sets of twin blaster cannons situated below the bulbous nose, and stood at over ten meters in height and almost thirty-six in length.
- "My spies tell me those transports carry treasure."
- ―Cham Syndulla, on how Wat Tambor used MTT's during the battle of Ryloth
Multi-Troop Transports were utilized by the Trade Federation, and later the Confederacy of Independent Systems, to deposit over a hundred battle droid infantry troops into the thick of combat on battlefields. Assisted by an orbital Droid Control Ship, which sent an activation signal to the droids, the MTT deployed its stowed soldiers into their battle-ready humanoid configuration. MTTs were typically supported by phalanxes of Armored Assault Tanks, which cleared the path ahead to allow the troop transports to deploy their units, although MTTs were also used to support front lines and front ranks comprised of AATs. Multi-Troop Transports were themselves deployed from within C-9979 landing craft, which carried eleven MTTs each.
- "Ouch time."
- ―Roos Tarpals witnessing MTTs deploying battle droid infantry
Numerous Multi-Troop Transports were deployed from landing craft during the Invasion of Naboo. Disgorged into the planet's swamps, MTTs bulldozed anything in their path, from trees to native life-forms, and thirty-three of the large transports ultimately assisted in the occupation of Theed. They were later part of the Trade Federation Droid Army sent to confront the Gungan Grand Army on the Great Grass Plains. When the Gungans' deflector shields proved strong enough to withstand bombardment from Armored Assault Tanks, a line of MTTs deployed their B1 battle droids to walk through the energy wall and engage the Gungans in single combat. The MTTs remained a fearsome presence throughout the battle, some closing in to trap the Gungan army, and once the deflector shield generators were destroyed, many Gungans became vulnerable to the transports' laser fire.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Jedi of the Republic—Mace Windu, Part I
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge" (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Front Runners"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Kanan 10: First Blood, Part IV: The Mesas of Mygeeto (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Commander
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Crisis on Coruscant" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Lo, I am Manufactured"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (2016)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles