- "Yes, my mummified flesh sleeps in stone."
- ―Freedon Nadd
The name mummy was given to any corpse where the fleshy parts had been somehow preserved. Some cultures would intentionally mummify the dead so that their bodies would not decay further.
Mummies in historyEdit
The Sith, a red-skinned species from the Stygian Caldera, would embalm the corpses and wrap them in inked shrouds before entombment. Even after the Sith were subdued by a group of exiled Dark Jedi known as "the Exiles", the mummification ritual remained in use. While the majority of the new "Sith Lords" were Humans, many of them were mummified, including Freedon Nadd or Darsin. Charms and amulets were placed in and around the mummy, and the deceased's personal weapon were sometimes laid in the sarcophagus as well. When Meetra Surik and her companions explored the Sith tombs on Korriban and Onderon, they found several mummies, including those of Ludo Kressh and Freedon Nadd.
The Duros also practiced mummification to some extent in the distant past—as exemplified by Vardovin IV. Later in history, at the time of the Galactic Civil War, Palpatine's third cousin Volpau was embalmed and wrapped in strips of cloth.
Around one thousand centuries before the Galactic Civil War, an ancient civilization living on Tatooine would also mummify their dead. Those mummies were wrapped in strips of metallic cloth, then put into three-ton sarcophagi, then finally entombed in huge tumuli. One such mummy was revealed to be an abomination, a monster that could take over the mind and body of any being. This mummy had been created by ancient sorceres to rule the galaxy, and it intended to do so by taking over body of the Galactic Emperor Palpatine.
- Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic
- Tales of the Jedi audio drama
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Knight Errant
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"
- Boba Fett: A New Threat
- Topside Infiltration"—Star Wars Gamer 8 "
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows
- "Out of the Cradle"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- "Disturbance in the Force"—Challenge 66
- "Trois mini scénarios: Le Dieu mort"—Casus Belli 66
- Galaxy of Fear: City of the Dead
- Galaxy of Fear: Spore (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett ½: Salvage
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire (Mentioned only)
- "A Free Quarren in the Palace: Tessek's Tale"—Tales from Jabba's Palace (Mentioned only)
- "Epilogue: Whatever Became Of...?"—Tales from Jabba's Palace
- "Payback: The Tale of Dengar"—Tales of the Bounty Hunters (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (Mentioned only)
- Dark Empire II audio drama
- Empire's End audio drama
- Jedi Search
- Children of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Showdown at Centerpoint (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Exile (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss