Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mundicide was a term used for the destruction of a planet or similar celestial object. Various degrees of mundicide occurred throughout history; causes ranged from supernovas, superlasers such as the Galaxy Gun or the Death Stars, gravitational weaponry such as Centerpoint Station, or other superweapons. Some planets, while not completely destroyed, were rendered completely uninhabitable, such as Caamas and Uphrades. If a planet was deliberately destroyed, like in the case of the Destruction of Alderaan, it can sometimes be comparable to Speciecide due to wiping out a significant portion of the planet's population.
Destroyed by solar expansions, solar explosions, or supernovaeEdit
- The four innermost planets in the Carosus system, including Carosi IV—circa 200 BBY—Destroyed during the expansion of the system's star, Carosi
- Clak'dor I—circa 8000 BBY—Destroyed during the expansion of the system's star, Colu
- Demophon, Derr, Enarc, Jatee and Zenobah—circa 3 ABY—Destroyed when the Demophon system's sun naturally went supernova
- Flankers—Destroyed some time after Battle of Yavin when its sun exploded
- Kashi—circa 25,000 BBY—Destroyed when its system's star suddenly went supernova
- Mindor—Destroyed by solar flares caused by the Gravity mine falling into the systems star, Taspan, See Battle of Mindor
- Ryyk—circa 4000 BBY—Destroyed by supernova
- Shadda-Bi-Boran—38 BBY—Destroyed when its sun went supernova
- Tililix—100 BBY—Destroyed when its sun went supernova.
- Worxer—232 BBY—Destroyed when its sun went supernova
Destroyed by weapons, by Yo'gand's Core tactic, or by usage of the ForceEdit
- Thanta Zilbra—18 ABY—Destroyed by Centerpoint Station
- Hordon Cal—18 ABY—Destroyed by Centerpoint Station
- Alderaan—0 BBY—Destroyed by Death Star I, See Destruction of Alderaan
- Despayre—0 BBY—Destroyed by Death Star I
- Garrison Moon of Kessel—11 ABY—Destroyed by the Death Star prototype
- Byss—11 ABY—Destroyed when the Galaxy Gun was rammed by the Eclipse II, causing a missile to fall on the planet
- Da Soocha V—10 ABY—Destroyed by Galaxy Gun
- Hirsi—10 ABY—Destroyed by Galaxy Gun
- Krinemonen—10 ABY—Destroyed by Galaxy Gun
Sith artifacts/the ForceEdit
- Oblis—sometime before 1000 BBY—shattered by the darkstaff
- The three surrounding planets of Primus Goluud—5000 BBY—Destroyed when Naga Sadow used Sith magic to create a supernova.
- Cron Cluster planets, including Urkupp—3996 BBY—Destroyed when Aleema Keto caused the Cron Supernova through Sith magic.
- Every planet in the Carida system—11 ABY—Destroyed by the Sun Crusher
- Eol Sha—11 ABY—Destroyed by the Sun Crusher
- Kalarba, its moon Indobok, and Hosk Station—26 ABY
- Sernpidal and its moon, Dobido—25 ABY
- Ygziir—circa 15,000 BBY
- Yuuzhan'tar—circa 15,000 BBY
- Vultar. (4250 BBY) Destroyed by the Cosmic Turbine. See the Vultar Cataclysm for more detail.
- Malachor V. (3951 BBY) Destroyed by the Mass Shadow Generator. See Destruction of Malachor V for more detail.
- Uphrades. (3643 BBY) Destroyed by Desolator superweapon during the homonimous crisis.
- Ova. (31 BBY) Destroyed when it collapsed in upon itself, possibly caused by an Infinity Wave.
- Unidentified Mustafar system planetoid (1 ABY) Destroyed by the Conqueror.
- Aeten II. (Destroyed by the Tarkin in 3 ABY, following the Battle of Hoth.
- Helska IV. (25 ABY) Core frozen and shattered by Shieldships.
- Boreleo—44 ABY—Destroyed by Baradium missiles
- Carida's Mascot Moon—8 BBY—Blown up by Mako Spince in an attempt to remove the Academy's logo from the moon using antimatter (this was intended to be a prank)
- Oseon 5792 (an asteroid)—rammed with hyperdrive engine.
- Uba III—1800 BBY— destroyed during the New Sith Wars by Ubese weapon systems.
- Ugor homeworld and other worlds of the Paradise system—Destroyed by the Ugors to make way for a system-spanning junkyard.
- Ord Dycoll—19-0 BBY—Accidentally destroyed by an ancient drill ship.
Means of destruction unclearEdit
- Kira I
- Kira II
- Kira III
- Planets of the Oseon system—Likely the result of continual Flamewind bombardment.
- Palawa—before 25,000 BBY—The Jedi Council was somehow involved.
- Polis Massa—long before 519 BBY—was shattered in an unknown cataclysm.
Other completely destroyed planets/bodiesEdit
- Brath Qella's Moon #1—Between 145 and 140 BBY—Destroyed when it collided with "Brath Qella's Moon #2"
- Brath Qella's Moon #2—Between 145 and 140 BBY—Destroyed when it collided with "Brath Qella's Moon #1"
- Peragus II—millennia prior to 3951 BBY—Crust shattered by fuel-mining explosion; resulting asteroid field later destroyed by the Harbinger in 3951 BBY.
- Shi'kar homeworld—prior to 22 BBY—Destroyed by a comet before the Clone Wars.
Bombardment by Jedi, Sith, Imperial, Republic, or other non-Yuuzhan-Vong forcesEdit
- Caamas—19 BBY—Bombarded by the Galactic Empire, with help of the Bothans
- Callos—3 BBY—Bombarded by the Galactic Empire; during the bombardment, Black Eight Squadron was ordered by Darth Vader to destroy the Callos planetary reactor; ecosystem destroyed, planet was no longer inhabited due to sub-freezing climate
- Dac—137 ABY— oceans poisoned by the One Sith.
- Da Soocha—137 ABY— oceans poisoned by the One Sith.
- Dankayo—subject to Base Delta Zero bombardment by Galactic Empire
- Duro—surface was bombarded sometime after 3963 BBY by the Mandalorians during their invasion and in 20 BBY by the Invisible Hand and the rest of Grievous' fleet, both times causing toxic chemicals from industrial areas on the surface to contaminate the entire planet's ecosystem.
- Hathrox III—1196 BBY—Population destroyed by a biological weapon in a civil war; planet rendered uninhabitable.
- Humbarine—Depopulated and crust melted by orbital bombardment performed by Invisible Hand
- Kalaan—0 BBY—subject to orbital bombardment by Empire
- Katarr—3952 BBY—Was rendered uninhabitable when Darth Nihilus consumed all life on the planet.
- Osara—between 10,000 and 9400 BBY— Rendered uninhabitable by mass driver bombardment in the Tenth Alsakan Conflict.
- Parcellus Minor—21 BBY—planet with explosive vegetation, was bombarded from orbit by CIS. The planet burned for a long time.
- Uphrades—3641 BBY— Rendered uninhabitable by the Desolator weapon during the Cold War.
- Tund—5 BBY—Rendered incapable of supporting life by Rokur Gepta's electromagnetic torpedo.
- Zarracina III—11,660 BBY—Rendered uninhabitable by Pius Dea Republic forces during the Twelfth Pius Dea Crusade.
- Clak'dor VII—circa 300 BBY—Bith chemical war rendered planet uninhabitable by Bith.
- Equanus—23 BBY—devastated when Galactic Republic weapon testers tried superweapon on sun.
- Pammant—19 BBY—Quarren colony fractured to the core in a hyperspace accident with a Republic battlecruiser.
- Seoul 5—accidental chain reaction of Seoularian crystals destroyed the surface of the planet.
- Uba I, II, and V—1800 BBY—inadvertently irradiated by their own tactical weapons, triggered by the Jedi during the New Sith Wars
- Varl—circa 15,000 BBY—Planet devastated by either a supernova or a civil war among its inhabitants
Vongformed or otherwise affected by the actions of the Yuuzhan VongEdit
- Artorias—25 ABY—Vongformed by Yuuzhan Vong
- Coruscant—27 ABY—Vongformed by the Yuuzhan Vong
- Ithor—25 ABY—all life utterly annihilated by Yuuzhan Vong
- New Plympto—27 ABY—decimated by a Yuuzhan Vong life-destroying plague
- N'zoth—28 ABY—razed by Yuuzhan Vong
- Obroa-skai—25 ABY—razed by Yuuzhan Vong
- Riflor—after 25 ABY—razed by the Yuuzhan Vong
- Selvaris—around 29 ABY—Vongformed by the Yuuzhan Vong
- Tandun III—43 ABY—Vongforming led to the planet's disintegration
- Tynna—25 ABY—Planet Vongformed by the Yuuzhan Vong
- Wayland—27 ABY—Much of crust destroyed by Yuuzhan Vong