Murk was the primary star of the Murk system, located in the Moddell subsector of the Inner Zuma Region, at the western reaches of the Outer Rim Territories. It was a red dwarf, and, as of 43 ABY, was impossible to spot with the naked eye from the inhabited planets of the subsector. Its sole orbital body was the asteroid Murk.
The Moddell subsector and its systems, including the Murk system, belonged to the Unknown Regions until 50 BBY, when it was admitted as a freestanding subsector. The region, however, remained obscure until 3 ABY, when the Galactic Empire began constructing the Death Star II—a 900-km spherical battlestation armed with a superlaser and thousands of other weapon batteries—around the forest moon Endor in the cognominal system. To undertake this project, the Empire utilized S-thread boosters to create a new hyperlane—the Sanctuary Pipeline—leading into the region. The Murk system became the penultimate stop on the new route, with the asteroid Murk becoming an Imperial transfer station.
Following the defeat of the Empire and the destruction of the Death Star II in the Battle of Endor at the hands of the Rebel Alliance, the transfer station in the system was abandoned, and claimed by the Shell Hutt Tagoonta. The theft of S-thread boosters and natural decay eventually erased the Pipeline after the battle.
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 (First mentioned) "
- The Essential Atlas (First pictured)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Essential Atlas, pp. 188–189
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 The Essential Atlas, p. 192
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 224
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 58
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, pp. 190–191