|Chronological and political information|
- "Donos is about as warm, tender, and helpful as a methane ice comet."
- ―Ton Phanan
Donos's life before joining Wraith Squadron was traumatic, even among his notoriously hard-luck squad mates. As a lieutenant with the New Republic, Donos rose rapidly through starfighter training school and was given command of Talon Squadron upon graduation. When Talon Squadron was destroyed in an Imperial ambush on Gravan Seven—Donos being the sole survivor—he was removed from active service, but came to the attention of Wedge Antilles when Antilles and Wes Janson began assembling the commando/pilot hybrid squadron that would become Wraith Squadron. Janson recommended the traumatized pilot, as much from compassion as respect of Donos's pilot capabilities.
Prior to his New Republic military service, Donos was awarded the prestigious Corellian Bloodstripes by the Corellian military for conspicuous gallantry, but stopped wearing them after the debacle on Gravan Seven. Anguished by the obliteration of his men, Donos was morose and introverted during his early days with the Wraiths, where he flew as Wraith Nine and served as the squadron's sniper. Fellow pilot Falynn Sandskimmer, a tough woman from Tatooine, tried to help him through his depression and they developed a deep mutual attraction in the process.
In the battle that saw the destruction of the Implacable over Ession, Donos witnessed the death of both Sandskimmer and fellow Wraith Eurrsk Thri'ag. In this same battle he exacted a measure of revenge for Talon Squadron. He discovered Apwar Trigit's customized TIE/In starfighter fleeing the dying ship and teamed up with General Edor Crespin to chase him down. After Trigit initially refused to surrender, Donos launched a pair of proton torpedoes, denying Trigit a second chance to give up after his escort of two TIEs was destroyed. Trigit's ship was destroyed, killing the Admiral.
- "Pretty. What do we blow up first?"
- ―Myn Donos to Wedge Antilles
Shortly afterward, Donos began to fall in love with Lara Notsil, unaware that she was actually Gara Petothel, the woman who provided Trigit with the information he needed to eliminate Talon Squadron. When Garik Loran inadvertently revealed her deception to the Wraiths at Kidriff 5, Donos tried to kill her, but nearly destroyed Loran instead. Antilles chose to report the firing of Donos's weapons as "accidental", provided Donos received medical and psychiatric treatment. With the help of his friends and comrades, Donos came out of his tailspin and rejoined the squadron as they prepared to attack Zsinj near Kuat. Following the battle with Zsinj at Selaggis Six, Myn accepted a position with Rogue Squadron, choosing to fly rather than remain with the Wraiths who joined New Republic Intelligence.
Following the conclusion of the Zsinj campaign, Donos and Petothel—who had taken the alias "Kirney Slane"—were married, and by 40 ABY the pair had founded a transport company called "Donoslane Excursions" on Corellia. They had also had at least two children by the year 44 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron (First appearance)
- X-Wing: Iron Fist
- X-Wing: Solo Command
- Dark Force Rising (as Rogue Seven)
- The Last Command (as Rogue Seven)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Indirect mention only)
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill (Mentioned only)
- "Who's Who in Rogue Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 59
- Wraith Squadron"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- Special Ops: The Sharpshooter"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- Hero's Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy at War
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 X-Wing: Wraith Squadron
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 X-Wing: Iron Fist
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 X-Wing: Solo Command
- ↑ Aaron Allston FAQ
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- ↑ X-Wing: Mercy Kill
- ↑ Bradley Wayne Hanson's website
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- ↑ Specter of the Past