- "If you put down on asteroids, you get Mynocks."
- ―An old galactic saying
Mynocks were a species of silicon-based bat-like parasites that chewed on the power cables and energy conductors of starships, and could drain a ship's entire power supply. They reproduced by splitting in two and growing new creatures from each half. Mynocks were capable of surviving in the atmospheres of planets and the vacuum of space, though only a few varieties lived on planets. They were also known to inhabit asteroid fields and the gullets of exogorths, where they shared in its meals. Mynocks were remotely related to Tibidees, large flying creatures native to Stygeon Prime who were also a nuisance to starpilots.
When seasoned properly, mynocks were able to be consumed by carbon-based lifeforms. Mynock Cloud City and Mynock Coronet City were spicy dishes made from mynock that were popular with Twi'leks. Some hunted mynocks to supply space stations and colonist with regular meat rations.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (Mentioned only)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest (Appears as a corpse)
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic" (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- The Rebellion Begins (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- The Perfect Weapon (Mentioned only)
- Before the Awakening (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded