Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Myrkr was a forested world, located fairly close to the galaxy's major population centers. It was the Neti homeworld, although the Neti established a colony on Ryyk some time prior to 4000 BBY, apparently abandoning Myrkr.
In 3963 BBY, Myrkr was the site of fighting during the Mandalorian Wars. Myrkr was settled by Humans circa 300 BBY. During the Clone Wars, many pirates, criminals, and bounty hunters hid on Myrkr because the ysalamiri were avoided by the Jedi and it was a perfect place for a base of operations because the high metal content of the flora confused most sensor equipment. Despite its relatively central location, Myrkr was generally ignored by galactic society during the time of the Galactic Republic and the Galactic Empire. The guardian of Nomi Sunrider's holocron was known to be from the race that inhabited Myrkr.
Myrkr was home to the ysalamiri, creatures which created bubbles which pushed back the Force. This ability evolved to protect them from pack animals called vornskrs, the only known animals to hunt exclusively by sensing the Force. The ysalamiri lived on olbio trees.
During the Galactic Civil War, the Zann Consortium may have infiltrated the planet. The Consortium possibly gained the ability to train vornskrs and build ysalamiri cages for their Mobile Defense Units.
In 9 ABY, Myrkr was located between Imperial and New Republic territory. During that time, Talon Karrde's organization had a base on Myrkr. In the early phases of Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign, Imperial forces moved on the world in order to secure supplies of ysalamiri.
The Yuuzhan Vong conquered the planet and used the native vornskrs to create the voxyn, which were cloned in the worldship Baanu Rass in the Myrkr system. A Jedi strike team infiltrated this worldship to kill the voxyn queen. During this mission, Anakin Solo was killed. After the mission, Baanu Rass was destroyed, and the Domain Lah worldship went into orbit over Myrkr.
During the Second Galactic Civil War, Jacen Solo brought Tahiri Veila to the system in order to use his abilities in flow-walking to revisit the Myrkr mission. Although Jacen claimed his intentions were noble, he was in fact manipulating Tahiri so that she would become more and more loyal to him and him alone. The two watched the final moments of the mission and Tahiri was able to give Anakin one last kiss before he succumbed to his wounds. So addicted to flow-walking was Tahiri that the two revisited the scene a further five times, tiring Jacen but completely bending her to his will.
Behind the scenesEdit
On numerous occasions, the New Jedi Order series of books has misspelled Myrkr as "Myrkyr."
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 3"—Star Wars Insider 28
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Alien Anthology
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 11 (PLA7, Planets of the Inner Rim)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 16 (PLA9–10, Planets of the Inner Rim)
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Between the Shadows (Card: Calling in Favors)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Between the Shadows (Card: Talon Karrde) (Picture only)