The axe was made of overlapping blades of calcified Mythosaur bone constructed on either side of the handle. The weapon was a ceremonial weapon but could be deadly if used in combat. Mandalore the Ultimate had a modernized version of a Mythosaur Axe forged from the scrap of the starship Courageous. The modern metals combined with an energy cell produced a greater damage capability.
HistoryEditOn the Plains of Harkul on the Mandalorian world of Kuar, Mandalore the Indomitable challenged Ulic Qel-Droma to a duel, inviting the Sith to put away his lightsaber and fight using only Mythosaur axes. Qel-Droma agreed to these terms, fought against Mandalore using the traditional weapon, and eventually defeated him. As a result, Mandalore pledged his loyalty to Qel-Droma, thereby allying the Mandalorian clans with the Sith, thus escalating the events of the Great Sith War.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 1: Edge of the Whirlwind (First appearance)
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 2: The Battle of Coruscant
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 6: Dark Lord
- Knights of the Old Republic 19: Daze of Hate, Part 1 (Design)
- Knights of the Old Republic 48: Demon, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))