- "A prototype vehicle seldom used by the RSF, the Naboo Bomber combines deadly Nubian technology with Naboo spaceframe design. The heavily armored vehicle carries devastating energy bombs for air-to-ground combat while standard laser cannons allow the pilot to engage airborne threats. A rare sight in the skies above Naboo, the bomber is nonetheless an important component in the Naboo's fight against the Trade Federation."
- ―Captain Quarsh Panaka
The Naboo NB-1S Royal Bomber, or Naboo bomber, was a prototype vehicle rarely used by the Royal Naboo Security Forces. It combined deadly Nubian technology with Naboo spaceframe design. It was the successor of the NB-1 Royal Bomber.
- "Those cannons pack a punch!"
- ―Gavyn Sykes during combat
Like the N-1 starfighter, the NB-1S Royal Bomber's armor was a yellow light alloy armored hull and its overall design was the same as the standard N-1 fighter, and the craft was also protected by a deflector shield. The NB-1S also featured a droid socket for an astromech droid. The pilot had access to communications systems. Although it was seldom used by the Naboo Royal Security Forces, its design combined deadly Nubian technology with the spaceframe design of Naboo, was heavily armored, and carried devastating energy bombs for air-to-ground combat.
The Naboo bomber was a testbed for emerging Naboo technologies in the Long-Range Strategic bombing theatre. Using the standard N-1 fighter as a starting point, Naboo engineers designed a dedicated craft to deliver explosive payloads through bombardment. For its increased power requirements, the bomber boasted a second engine: a modified Nubian 321. This engine was environmentally friendly, since the Naboo were dedicated to defending their ecologically sensitive planet.[source?] In total, the vessel had five engines, one under the fuselage and two on either wing.
The standard proton torpedo launching system was removed and replaced by a newly designed Nubian[source?] ion bomb rack/launcher system. This system integrated directly into the existing torpedo rack housing with little modification. The craft also featured two laser cannons.
The NB-1S Royal Bomber saw action during the Trade Federation's occupation of Naboo in 32 BBY. One bomber was taken from the Naboo airbase by Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes to destroy a Trade Federation convoy.
Behind the scenesEdit
The NB-1S Royal Bomber first appeared in the 2000 video game Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo. It also appeared in the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion pack as the "enhanced bomber" unit for the Naboo civilization.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- State of the Arts"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Naboo bomber")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 State of the Arts"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Battle for Naboo itself refers to its events taking place during the Invasion of Naboo. The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the invasion happens in 32 BBY.
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds