|NB-1S Royal Bomber|
Not available for sale
5 metric tons
- "A prototype vehicle seldom used by the RSF, the Naboo Bomber combines deadly Nubian technology with Naboo spaceframe design. The heavily armored vehicle carries devastating energy bombs for air-to-ground combat while standard laser cannons allow the pilot to engage airborne threats. A rare sight in the skies above Naboo, the bomber is nonetheless an important component in the Naboo's fight against the Trade Federation."
- ―Captain Panaka
The Naboo NB-1S Royal Bomber, or Naboo bomber, was a prototype vehicle rarely used by the Royal Naboo Security Forces. It combined deadly Nubian technology with Naboo spaceframe design. It was the successor of the NB-1 Royal Bomber.
- "Those cannons pack a punch!"
- ―Gavyn Sykes during combat
Like the N-1 starfighter, the NB-1S Royal Bomber's armor was a yellow light alloy armored hull and its overall design was the same as the standard N-1 fighter, and the craft was also protected by a deflector shield. The NB-1S also featured a droid socket for an astromech droid. The pilot had access to communications systems.
The Naboo bomber was a testbed for emerging Naboo technologies in the Long-Range Strategic bombing theatre. Using the standard N-1 fighter as a starting point, Naboo engineers designed a dedicated craft to deliver explosive payloads through bombardment. For its increased power requirements, the bomber boasted a second engine: a modified Nubian 321. This engine was environmentally friendly, since the Naboo were dedicated to defending their ecologically sensitive planet.[source?] In total, the vessel had five engines, one under the fuselage and two on either wing.
The standard proton torpedo launching system was removed and replaced by a newly designed Nubian[source?] ion bomb rack/launcher system. This system integrated directly into the existing torpedo rack housing with little modification. The craft also featured two laser cannons.
The NB-1S Royal Bomber saw action during the Trade Federation's occupation of Naboo in 32 BBY. One bomber was taken from the Naboo airbase by Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes to destroy a Trade Federation convoy.
Behind the scenes
The NB-1S Royal Bomber first appeared in the 2000 video game Star Wars: Battle for Naboo. It also appeared in the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2003 expansion pack as the "enhanced bomber" unit for the Naboo civilization.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- State of the Arts"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 State of the Arts"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Battle for Naboo itself refers to its events taking place during the Invasion of Naboo. The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the invasion happens in 32 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds