The Naboo Royal Space Fighter Corps (NRSFC) was part of Naboo's Royal Security Forces dedicated to protecting the citizens of Naboo which fought at the Battle of Naboo. They were also known as the Royal Naboo Starfighter Corps.
The pilots of this small corps flew Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Nubian-1 J Starfighters, commonly known as the Naboo Starfighter. As implied by the name, the N-1 J used dual Nubian radial sublight engines and an R2-series astromech droid for hyperspace coordination and navigation.
Although the NRSFC was strictly made up of volunteers, the pilots trained and drilled on a regular basis in their fighters. Their primary task was to serve as honor guard for the Queen or Senator, but the NRSFC saw their fair share of action in the Naboo Space Battle, where they destroyed a Trade Federation Droid Control Ship with the help of young Anakin Skywalker.
The Space Fighter Corps comprised at least five starfighter squadrons: Alpha Flight, Bravo Squadron, Delta Flight, Echo Flight, and Victor Flight. At the time of the Invasion of Naboo, all three were under the command of Captain Ric Olié, who flew as Bravo Leader during the orbital part of the Battle of Naboo.
After the Battle of Naboo, the Space Fighter Corps began accepting Gungan applicants into its ranks. One such recruit, Toba, founded a new squadron comprised entirely of Gungan pilots, called Iron Cesta Flight. Iron Cesta Flight used the new G-1 starfighter, designed for extended periods of independent operation and sustained combat, to police the Naboo system and hunt pirates preying on the traffic between the planet and the newly established Ohma-D'un colony.
The pilots of the Space Fighter Corps were known as a devil-may-care group, many of whom gained experience in off-planet Republic pirate fighter groups. While serving in the Space Fighter Corps, few pilots ever left the Chommell sector, though some of the more skilled—or merely lucky—were chosen to fly royal escort duty to Coruscant.
Members of Bravo Squadron, including Porro Dolphe, escorted Senator Padmé Amidala's diplomatic barge to Coruscant during the Separatist Crisis, during which they suffered losses in an assassination attempt.
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- End Game
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (Post-DVD releases)
- Star Wars: Episode I Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game
- Secrets of Naboo
- On Wings of Rogues"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- Star Wars: Galactic Files (Card: Naboo Pilot (Factions))
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Ric Olié)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- ↑ Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Starfighter
- ↑ Darth Plagueis
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 115 ("Iron Cesta Flight")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 304 ("G-1 starfighter")
- ↑ Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones novel
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi