Nal Hutta was a hot, swampy planet located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Hutt species. The planet was a haven for the criminal elements of the galaxy, located far from galactic authorities. Its terrain was covered with numerous bogs, and its climate often consisted of greasy rains.
Nal Hutta was a hot swampy planet that was covered with numerous bogs and experienced swampy rains. The planet was the homeworld of the Hutt species, who dominated the galactic underworld. One of the planet's cities was Bilbousa, which contained the headquarters of the Grand Hutt Council.
After freeing Ziro the Hutt from prison on Coruscant, the bounty hunter Cad Bane brought the fugitive Hutt to the Grand Hutt Council on Nal Hutta. Ziro refused to divulge the location of his secret holodiary and was imprisoned by the Hutt Council. However, Ziro managed to escape with the help of the singer Sy Snootles. The Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos traveled to Nal Hutt to apprehend Ziro. However, Ziro and Snootles escaped offworld with the help of Ziro's Mama.
While on an undercover mission to save Supreme Chancellor Palpatine from Separatist assassins, Kenobi, who was disguised as the bounty hunter Rako Hardeen, and the fugitives Bane and Moralo Eval crashlanded on the swamps of Nal Hutta. The trio traveled to Bilbousa Bazaar where they obtained a starship to travel offworld. Despite being pursued by the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Padawan Ahsoka Tano, "Hardeen" and the bounty hunters managed to escape offworld to Orondia.
During the later stage of the Clone Wars, the former Sith apprentice Darth Maul, Savage Opress, and the Shadow Collective visited Nal Hutta and attempted to force the Hutt Council to join their Shadow Collective. The Hutts rejected their demands and a gun battle broke out between the Shadow Collective and various bounty hunters hired by the Hutts. The Hutt Council escaped but Maul's party managed to capture Oruba, who revealed that Jabba Desilijic Tiure was on Tatooine. After killing Oruba, the Shadow Collective departed for Tatooine.
New Republic eraEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- "George Lucas had some very specific ideas about Nal Hutta. He gave us some really rough sketches. There was to be this very swampy, these big pustual orbs sticking up where they would build their palaces."
- ―Dave Filoni
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars 12: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part V (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Hutts and the Underworld
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; images #12, 13, 17 (of 22)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.9 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ Bloodline
- ↑ Hutts and the Underworld