A diagram of the Y'Toub system, with Nal Koska pictured occupying the second orbit
Nal Koska was a terrestrial planet that occupied the second orbital position within the Y'Toub system of the galaxy's Hutt Space region. The planet lay on the junction of four hyperlanes called the Oktos Route, the Ootmian Pabol, the Pabol Hutta, and the Shag Pabol. During the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in the year 3642 BBY, an Imperial Intelligence agent was willing to defect to the Republic on Nal Koska.
Nal Koska was a terrestrial planet with two moons that was located within the Y'Toub system of the galaxy's Hutt Space region. The planet occupied the second orbital position around its star, Y'Toub, and lay on the junction of four hyperlanes called the Oktos Route, the Ootmian Pabol, the Pabol Hutta, and the Shag Pabol. The Oktos Route connected Nal Koska to the planet of Kleeva, while the Ootmian Pabol linked the planet to the world of Du Hutta. In addition, the routes of Pabol Hutta and Shag Pabol joined Nal Koska with the planets of Hosko and Rorak 4, respectively.
The territory surrounding Nal Koska came under the control of the Hutt species approximately by the year 12,000 BBY and was considered well-explored by 8000 BBY. During the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in 3642 BBY, an Imperial Intelligence agent was willing to defect to the Republic on Nal Koska.
An individual who was affiliated with the Republic met the agent on the planet and secretly debriefed her. In exchange for strategic Imperial information, the individual gave the agent a free passage to the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
Nal Koska was first pictured in the entry for the planet Nal Hutta in The Holonet feature of the official website for Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare. Nal Koska was depicted in a schematic of the Y'Toub system. Since its establishment in 2008, The Old Republic's website has gone through a number of changes, resulting in the removal of some of the features and images that were originally located there, including the aforementioned schematic. Nal Koska's name was first mentioned in The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published on August 18, 2009—which placed the planet in grid square S-12. The planet was later mentioned again in The Old Republic, in which it was used as a possible location for Republic players to assign their companions on individual quests.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- (First pictured)
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Nal Koska)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 The Essential Atlas, p. 84
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Essential Atlas, p. 28
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 17
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 22
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 120
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Investigation Crew Skill Mission: "Enemy Agent"
- ↑ Using comments and information from Star Wars: The Old Republic 2: The Lost Suns, Part 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.