A diagram of the Y'Toub system, with Nal Yeshu pictured occupying the fourth orbit
|Points of interest|
Nal Yeshu was a terrestrial planet that occupied the fourth orbital position within the Y'Toub system of the galaxy's Hutt Space region. The planet lay on the junction of four hyperlanes called the Oktos Route, the Ootmian Pabol, the Pabol Hutta, and the Shag Pabol. During the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in the year 3642 BBY, a secret listening post that was used by the Empire was destroyed by pirates hired by the Republic.
Nal Yeshu was a terrestrial planet with two moons that was located within the Y'Toub system of the galaxy's Hutt Space region. The planet occupied the fourth orbital position around its star, Y'Toub, and lay on the junction of four hyperlanes called the Oktos Route, the Ootmian Pabol, the Pabol Hutta, and the Shag Pabol. The Oktos Route connected Nal Yeshu to the planet of Kleeva while the Ootmian Pabol linked the planet to the world of Du Hutta. In addition to that, the routes of Pabol Hutta and Shag Pabol joined Nal Yeshu with the planets of Hosko and Rorak 4, respectively.
The territory surrounding Nal Yeshu had come under the control of the Hutt species approximately by the year 12,000 BBY and was considered well-explored by 8000 BBY. During the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in 3642 BBY, Nal Yeshu housed a secret listening post used by the Empire. That year, local pirates that had been hired by the Republic attacked the listening post, causing it to sever all communications with the Empire. All that remained of the post after the attack was smoking ruins.
An individual affiliated with the Sith Empire visited Nal Yeshu at that time in order to discover the fate of the listening post, and they also uncovered evidence that indicated the perpetrator of the attack.
Behind the scenesEdit
Nal Yeshu was first pictured in the entry for the planet of Nal Hutta in The Holonet feature of the official website for Star Wars: The Old Republic—a 2011 massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare. Nal Yeshu was depicted in a schematic of the Y'Toub system. Since its establishment in 2008, The Old Republic's website has gone through a number of changes, resulting in the removal of some of the features and images that were originally located there, including the aforementioned schematic. Nal Yeshu's name was first revealed in The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published on August 18, 2009—which placed the planet in grid square S-12. The planet was later mentioned again in Star Wars: The Old Republic, in which it was used as a possible location for Imperial players to assign their companions on individual quests.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- (First pictured)
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Nal Yeshu)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 The Essential Atlas, p. 84
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Essential Atlas, p. 28
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Investigation Crew Skill Mission: "Dead Silence"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 17
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 22
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 120
- ↑ Using comments and information from Star Wars: The Old Republic 2: The Lost Suns, Part 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.