The nalargon was a keyboard instrument similar to an organ, and the signature instrument of Max Rebo. Circular in shape, the player would sit in the center of the instrument, depressing any combination of the 22 keys. Air intake was to the player's left, while the output speaker was on their right. Between the base of the organ and the keyboard were air outlet pipes.
Max Rebo played a Red Ball Jett nalargon, also known as a red ball jet organ.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Lost Prince"
- The Hutt Gambit
- Rebel Dawn
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- And the Band Played On: The Band's Tale
- "Stop That Jawa!"—Star Wars Tales 2 (Mentioned only) (as "organ")
- "A Hot Time in the Cold Town Tonite!"—Star Wars Tales 6
- Of the Day's Annoyances: Bib Fortuna's Tale
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi toy line
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Chronicles
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Who's Who in the Max Rebo Band"—Star Wars Insider 67