- "Made from a genuine Bakuran recipe, this pie features creamy namana custard topped with atomically aerated cream."
- ―From the menu of Dex's Diner
Namana cream pie was a type of pie from the planet Bakura, the homeworld of the namana tree. The dish was served by a Besalisk chef named Dexter Jettster at Dex's Diner, his restaurant on the planet Coruscant. Jettster claimed to use an authentic Bakuran recipe for the pie, which was made using namana custard and atomically aerated cream. Sometime prior to the restaurant's destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire, Jettster sold namana cream pie for 3.7 credits a slice.
A type of dessert, Namana cream pie was made with namana custard, which contained at least one ingredient from the fruit of the namana tree—a plant that was native to the planet Bakura. In at least one recipe, the namana custard used in the pie had a creamy consistency, and the dessert was topped with atomically aerated cream. The recipe could be eaten by members of the Besalisk species.
A dish from the planet Bakura, namana cream pie was one of many foods that the Besalisk Dexter Jettster discovered and enjoyed during his life, of which he spent years traveling throughout the galaxy. He eventually established Dex's Diner, a restaurant in CoCo Town on the planet Coruscant, where Jettster served what he claimed was an authentic Bakuran recipe for namana cream pie before the diner was destroyed during the first two years of the Galactic Empire. The Besalisk chef sold the pie as a dessert for 3.7 credits a slice at his restaurant.
Behind the scenesEdit
Namana cream pie was mentioned in Dining at Dex's, a 2009 StarWars.com Hyperspace article written by Gregory Walker in the form of an in-universe menu for Dex's Diner. While Walker's work specifies that the pie was a Bakuran recipe, it does not state the species that created the dish. According to Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, the planet Bakura was populated with both the native Kurtzen species and Human colonists.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Besalisk Dexter Jettster filled his menu with the foods that he enjoyed eating the most during his travels to different planets. establishes that the
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Last of the Jedi: Underworld, which The Essential Reader's Companion dates to around 18 BBY, establishes that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The New Essential Chronology dates the Empire's formation to 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds