The narglatch male had additional fleshy spikes, while females were smoother. They both had non-retractable claws and a fan-like tail that acted as a rudder during high-speed chases and turns. The narglatch also had densely padded feet that made for silent footfalls.
Males and females only commingled during mating season. Females were more fierce hunters than males, but males could chase a female from her kill.
A pregnant narglatch always gave birth to twins, one of each gender. Since young narglatch could hunt immediately upon birth, mothers abandoned them. Cubs hunted together until maturity, making themselves less vulnerable to such Naboo creatures, as saw-toothed granks, veermoks, and even more mature male narglatch. As they approached maturity, the cubs separated.
A solitary hunter, narglatch silently stalked and quickly killed its prey, usually kaadu or jimvu. Narglatch generally avoided deep water, although they were capable swimmers should the need arise. One of the few creatures they actively avoided were zalaacas.
On the frozen world of Orto Plutonia, the narglatch were used as mounts by the primitive Talz. On Naboo, the Gungans would ride the sure-footed beasts across their planet and into battle. Though strong and fierce, the narglatch could easily be felled by blaster fire. The Orto Plutonian variety of narglatch was differentiated from the Naboo by a mane of fleshy tendrils or protrusions.
Cubs were frequently seen as cute and taken as pets, but became very dangerous as they matured. Escaped narglatches were a threat on Coruscant.
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 4 (Mutated)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi: The Prisoner of Bogan 4 (Mentioned only) (As insult)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier (First appearance)
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 48 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mounted head) —
- Clone Wars Adventures
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (Pelt only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (Pelt only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (Gunship art only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart" (Gunship art only)
- Star Wars: Empire 20: A Little Piece of Home, Part 1 (As a trophy)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical mention)
- Invincible (Mentioned only)
- Allies (Mentioned only)
- Vortex (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 38: Tatooine, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- The Art of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Gamer 4
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three