Nautila could only be properly pronounced underwater. In any other environment, the language lost such a great amount of detail, that Nautolans found it annoying.
To avoid using Nautila out of water, Nautolans usually learned Basic, if they thought they would travel to other planets of the galaxy. More Glee Anselm-oriented Nautolans learned Anselmian language, the language of their non-amphibious neighbors from Glee Anselm, the Anselmi, instead of Basic. It was unusual to find a trilingual Nautolan, speaking Nautila, Anselmian, and Basic.
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook (as Nautila, Nautolan)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology (as Nautila)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 63 (FIS3-4, Kit Fisto)
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (as Nautila, Nautolan)
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide (as Nautolan)