Nebit's tribe captured droids for trading, and his sandcrawler boasted a large stock of varied makes and models at the time they carried the droids C-3PO and R2-D2, who were fugitives from the Empire. His tribe sold the droid counterparts to Owen Lars, the uncle of Luke Skywalker, future Rebel Alliance hero and Jedi Knight. While negotiating with Lars, Nebit adopted a Jawa "business dialect".
Nebit and his tribe later suffered the destruction dealt out on his sandcrawler by Imperial sandtroopers, when the fugitives C-3PO and R2-D2 were traced there. Most of Nebit's tribe were murdered in this event. Nebit died with them.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Star Wars 1 (First appearance)
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Nebit)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 26