Neebray were flying, limbless creatures which varied greatly in size and habitat. They could be found on many worlds, such as Rugosa, Rishi moon, Tatooine (where they sometimes circled over Jabba's Palace), and even in space, notably in the Kaliida Nebula along the Balmorra Run.
On the moon Rugosa, tiny baby neebray flew among the coral forests of the moon's long dried-up ocean beds.  A moderately large variety had translucent wings, and could be found on a Rishi moon. The gigantic neebray manta lived in the vacuum of space, feeding on stellar gases. They used the Kaliida Nebula as nesting grounds.
During the Clone Wars, Shadow Squadron encountered a flock of neebray manta while navigating the Balmorra Run on their way through the Kaliida Nebula. A brush with one caused one of Matchstick's engine stabilizers to give out. This crippling would cause Matchstick and Tag's death during the Battle of the Kaliida Nebula. A brush with another neebray caused another pilot's astromech droid's dome to be knocked off, destroying it.
Behind the scenesEdit
At least three separate neebray breeds were based on the neebray manta model, not necessarily that they all then have to be neebray manta..
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- HoloNet News — A Galaxy Divided (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 12: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 3'
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- (First identified as Neebray)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded