1.5 meters (females), 3 meters (males, mutant), 2 meters (males)
Blue-green with black headcrest
Nelvaanian males became warriors and scouts while the females were builders, gatherers, and raised the children. The tribe was governed by one shaman who claimed spiritual rites within a clan, and one chieftain, elected through a series of religious tests and mutual admiration.
During the Clone Wars, Nelvaan was the location of a Separatist base run by members of the Techno Union. General Grievous lured warriors from the Rokrul village by having them believe he was a prophesied figure out of Nelvaan mythology. Techno Union scientists then captured them, and physically and mentally altered them into cyborgs for the war.
Anakin Skywalker, who was referred to by the race as Holt Kazed (Ghost Hand in their language, because of his mechanical right arm), freed them and destroyed the Separatist base. Although initially frightened by the appearance of their warriors, the females and children soon grew to accept them. Future generations of males retained the traits of their mutant progenitors, and as a result were larger than the females, who did not inherit the aforementioned characteristic.
- Red Harvest
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Maul: Lockdown
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 24"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 25"
- The Traitor's Gambit (Mentioned only)
- Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Galaxy of Intrigue