Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Neti were a species of shapeshifting sentient plants first encountered on the planet of Ryyk. Some called them Ryyk because of the planet's name. Notable Neti included the Jedi Masters Garnoo, Ood Bnar, T'ra Saa, and the Sith librarian Dail'Liss.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Neti had tough gray skin similar to plant bark, multiple thin branching arms, and thick body trunks. Neti foliage tended to be brownish or black and grew on the upper parts of a Neti's body. As plants, Neti survived through photosynthesis, though they also needed some water to survive. Neti were extremely long-lived, with an average life span of several thousand years. Neti reproduction only occurred once every few centuries. Seeds often remained dormant for more than a thousand years before germinating.
Neti were capable of changing their size and shape, apparently at will. A skilled Neti could morph its shape into a roughly humanoid solid treelike mass anywhere from 2 to 9.5 meters tall. The shapes and sizes a Neti could assume ranged from very humanoid to very treelike, even when asleep or knocked unconscious. When resting, they generally appeared as 5-meter-tall treelike objects. As a result of the Neti's infrequent procreation and long lives, their population always remained small and quite close to their homeworld.
As plants, Neti had no need for food. They had a greatly reduced need for water as long as they had regular access to broad-spectrum light. Neti only had need of one-tenth the water of most other species, but if deprived of sunlight, they would starve, much as other races would when lacking food. Neti schooled in a special Force trance, presumably hibernation trance, could survive almost indefinitely in an area without natural sunlight and rain. All Neti were Force-sensitive and learned both the Neti and Basic from youth.
Roughly four thousand years before the Battle of Yavin, the Neti left their home planet of Myrkr for reasons unknown. Afterward, Neti never were a common sight across the galaxy. When Ryyk was destroyed, only one Neti (Jedi Master Ood Bnar) was known to have been offworld. However, given the species' long life span and germination period, some Neti might have survived the destruction of their world, awaiting discovery in remote locations.
Common Neti namesEdit
- Frond Dra-loor
- Shal Koom
- Tuwan Urlu
- Tuk Umkur
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 2"—Star Wars Insider 27
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 3"—Star Wars Insider 28
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- "Toy Wars"—Star Wars Insider 107
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Nexus of Power
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tales of the Jedi 5: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, Part 3
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi Companion
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ultimate Alien Anthology
- ↑ Dark Empire II 3: World of the Ancient Sith
- ↑ Red Harvest
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 1: Masters and Students of the Force
- ↑ Purge: The Tyrant's Fist, Part 2
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars 34: Darkness, Part 3
- ↑ Legacy—War 6
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- ↑ Legacy 25: The Hidden Temple, Part 1