The neural band was a device, resembling a cyborg construct wrapped around the wearer's skull, used during the years after the Great Sith War. Developed in response to both Sith and Jedi using the Force to manipulate soldiers and security personnel, the neural band reinforced various synapses throughout the brain and provided alternate conduits for electrical impulses within the mind, making the wearer's thoughts difficult to affect. Old Republic troopers often nicknamed these devices as 'Little Shocky'.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide