|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The neuronic whip was a particularly cruel creation of TholCorp, the purpose of which was to send powerful electrical charges into a being's nerve cells. It was a long, flexible cable, connected to a power pack in a handle that delivered a stunning jolt on contact. Unlike a typical leather whip, the heavy cable could crack bones and break flesh, although death was an extremely unlikely outcome. It was capable of causing a great deal of pain and trauma.
The neuronic whips were very popular amongst slavers. They were extensively used by the Mytaranor Slaving Council after their leader Talas Piran found a cache of them on a hidden compartment of the recently acquired ship, the Vanquisher. The neuronic whips were also used by Imperial Dungeoneers.
Behind the scenesEdit
Neuronic whips were originally used extensively in The Foundation Series, and Empire series, two series of science-fiction novels written by Isaac Asimov from which many Star Wars concepts were taken.
- Star Wars Adventures 6: The Warlords of Balmorra
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (First appearance)
- Rebel Force: Hostage
- Rebel Force: Renegade (Appears in flashback(s))
- Rebel Force: Firefight (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies (Mentioned only)
- Jade Solitaire
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide