Neutronium was a heavy metallic element used in the production of durasteel as well as dura-armor. It was also once used to make strong blades for melee weapons during the Great Sith War. The hull cladding of Acclamator I-class assault ships was impregnated with neutronium, as its ultra-dispersive characteristics allowed for high protection. Acclamator II-class assault ships and Acclamator-class transport drop ships also had this armor for protection of delivering cargo to front or second battle lines.
Behind the scenesEdit
So-called "conventional" neutronium, also known as degenerate matter or "element zero" on the periodic chart, is theorized to consist of nothing but neutrons, with no protons in the atomic nuclei (and thus no electron shell, which prevents it from interacting chemically with other elements or forming molecular bonds with them). Thus, it is commonly hypothesized, something made of neutronium would be virtually indestructible. In practice, however, since neutronium would require immense ongoing pressure to retain its state, it would almost certainly disperse explosively outside of its natural environment.
According to Cracken's Threat Dossier, neutronium is a naturally occurring metal that can be found in mineral veins on moons.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons
- The Hutt Gambit
- Rebel Dawn
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- The Essential Guide to Warfare